PROTECT YOUR SEPTIC SYSTEM
- Never drive or park over your system
- Plant only grass over or near your drain-field to avoid damage from roots.
- Make sure gutter downspouts are directed away from the drain-field.
- Fix leaky toilets and faucets as soon as possible. Never waste water.
- Use the toilet to flush only human waste.
- Do not pour cleaner, medicines, oil, grease, paint, pesticides and other toxic products into the system.
- Distribute your laundry loads over the week.
- Consider composting rather than using a garbage disposal