THE DO'S & DON'TS
- Schedule regular grease cleanings.
- Make sure that food prep and wash sinks are tied into a trap.
- Ensure that your trap is properly sized.
- Train your staff to remove as much waste and food solids as possible from plates and pots before washing.
- Maintain a cleaning log for code compliance.
- Don't pour boiling water into a trap connected sink as it forces FOG's down the sewer pipe.
- Don't connect garbage disposals to a trap.
- Don't connect high temperature dishwashers to a trap.
- Don't put chemicals, bleach, additives, or drain cleaners into a trap - they destroy naturally beneficial bacteria and risk harm to the environment